1.24.2009

IS IS IS IT HERE YET??

It still feels like winter break. My mind is still on vacation. I'm having so much fun!!!!!
The word Rules has been stuck in my head these past couple of days. It's mentioned too much. I reviewed an album called Rules, umm... I follow rules, The rule of thirds, rules for writing, rules rules RULES. Today my friend mentioned rules of design, and that I didn't follow them correctly in a flyer and I said, "well fuck rules, I'll do my own shit." Can I make my own rules of design? Does true design follow rules? Art? How do new things come about? If you follow one set of standards, RULES how does the fresh and new emerge? I guess rules make things MORE BEAUTIFUL. NO no NO no. Why am I going to art school? to learn RULES ON HOW 2 PAINT CORRECTLY, TO FOLLOW DESIGN RULES.>>><><<><><<<
The momentary rant in my head ceased and concluded that rules are universals?? tHe basics?, and that I guess there is always room for new shit to stem out them and be accepted or not.
My insides are melting I think. It feels fun.
I decided to post another batch of pictures, the first couple are mine, then just a bunch of pictures that I like that I stumbled upon on the INTRANET, things I want, pretty things, Weird Stuff, Paintings, Decor blah blah. 1, 2, 3, LOAD.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment